Talk:Timeline of computing

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
WikiProject Computing (Rated List-class)
WikiProject iconThis article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers, computing, and information technology on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
 List  This article has been rated as List-Class on the project's quality scale.
 

New Application Area[edit]

I think YouTube and its contemporaries revolutionized the interaction with Internet which people new use as a gigantic digital video recorder leaving aside telvision. DynV (talk) 01:35, 11 July 2010 (UTC)

 Done--greenrd (talk) 16:23, 26 August 2017 (UTC)

How is/was this image produced[edit]

I may be overlooking something, but how was the image and imagemap produced?

Any links for recreating so I can add the updates mentioned above and some more of my own? (I want to add a link to the Go programming language in 2007, but once I start I'm sure there will be many other updates).

Is there a general HOWTO wikipedia doc, if not, I shall create one. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ganly (talkcontribs) 21:17, 15 February 2017 (UTC)

The actual image is generated by Template:Timeline History of Computing. That page uses a very obscure undocumented language, which is used almost nowhere else on Wikipedia! If you need any help, just @ mention me or write a message on my talk page.--greenrd (talk) 15:18, 26 August 2017 (UTC)

Graphic Missing[edit]

The graphical timeline is now missing. Was this purposefully removed? 38.108.59.142 (talk) 15:21, 6 September 2019 (UTC)